The Blogger Herself

The Blogger Herself

Saturday, May 23, 2009

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST From Jenn

Hi Everyone:

    Hope you are well.  Sorry it has been a bit since I've been by, I'll talk more about that later, but rigjht now, I want to post an urgent pray request from Jenn in Nepal.  Most of you know about my friend Jenn, but if you don't let me know.  I'm pasting her most recent blog here.  Thank you!

ey guys. I had planned for my next post to be a copy of my latest May prayer letter which I just sent out in case you do not get my prayer letter saying the direction God is taking in my next steps-- but for now I am going to wait on that because I have a prayer request for you.

I am not sure how to write this so you guys wont worry, but I wanted to make sure to post something so you can pray, share with others to pray, and for you to know that we are ok in case you catch the news ( i bet you don't like when I start things out like that)

Today started out as a very normal day in church. I was super excited because Johnny, one of the team leaders from the team from liberty was going to preach and I have heard He is an awesome speaker. We were in the middle of singing How great thou art when I noticed someone come in and get Shyam. I did not think much about it until someone that I did not know with a motorcyle helmet who looked very obviously shaken came to the microphone. They stopped singing and in nepalee he shared that He was a member of the Catholic church up the road and the church had just been bombed and He was coming to warm the churches. Then He went on to say that other bombs had been planted in area churches. He was very obviously shaken up. He went on to say they believed that a Hindu extremist group had planted bombs targeting Christians. I must admit that is when my heart began to race and I begin to feel fear. But as quickly as that came, then an AMAZIING peace filled my soul. This is when your faith becomes real. In a moment like this you must decide is What I believe worth it? Is who i believe in worth it? You read about this in books-- but in a moment like this you must decide.

In that moment I decided without a doubt YES. What I believe is worth it. Who I believe in IS worth it. God is real and so is my faith. I had such a peace flood my soul. Shyam came to the microphone and we began to pray for those that were at the church. Then we continued singing How GREAt thou Art (in nepalee) In that moment again I could truly SAY HOW GREAT THOU ART-- that I serve a God who is Real and true and the only God who can make sense out of tragedy. I was amazed to see the reponse of the church as we continued worshipping. Then Johnny got up to speak and give His sermon (hard to give under these circumstances huh!) I will never forget His sermon. It was about 5 minutes worth before we had to stop-- but He read from 2 Thessalonians 1: 3(B) We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers,[a] as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. 4Therefore(C) we ourselves boast about you(D) in the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith(E) in all your persecutions and in the afflictions that you are enduring.
The Judgment at Christ’s Coming 5This is(F) evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be(G) considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6since indeed God considers it(H) just(I) to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7and to grant(J) relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when(K) the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven


He was about to expound on this when the police came and said for safety we must end the service. We ended with a quick hymn and dispersed. I was again amazed at the peace God provided.

It turns out the bombs that went off int he catholic church killed a 14 yaer old friend of one of our church members, a 30 year and injured many others. I had just met one of the catholic priests from there at a wedding wedensday. He is badly injured with His face partially blown away. Please pray for all of those involved. Please pray for those that committed this act. It is unconfirmed yet if other bombs were found, but no others went off praise the Lord. I truly believe God protected our church and it's people. All of this happened hours before another new comm*unist leader was inagurated as prime minister.

God is on the move here, and Satan is mad. But we know that we are ON the WINNING team.
We finished out a normal day. we went on with a planned soccer outreach with the liberty team. I know God got great glory as the liberty studetns shared the gospel with the team at 1/2 time. God is the victorious one. I am so glad that I have a faith in a God that is REAL.
Please continue to pray for nepal, those who were at the church today and for all the christians here. And please DON'T worry! 
Oh Lord How Great thou ART!

2 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

More fulfilled scripture. I will be in prayer for your friend, my sister in the Lord. I have to admit, hearing something like this is frightening, but we must look to Christ and know that He is in control.
Thanks for sharing sweet Angel!

Dee said...

Jenn is in my prayers. What a brave soul she is to follow her calling at such a young age. You have great friends. The lord will watch over her. I am praying for you also my friend. ^i^ Dee