Before you watch this video, for those who might be visiting my blog for the first time, I welcome you, and I warn this video is graphic. If you have seen "The Passion of the Christ" you may remember most of the images. The choice of musical vocals isn't my favorite, feel to disagree on that point, but the lyrics are true! For Christians everywhere today is marked as a remembrance, of something we are Never to forget. I'm not arrogant or naive enough to dare say that I always or even ever fully Remember or acknowledge the cross with the awe and reverence deserved. You see it isn't the wooden cross that gives me forgiveness, Hope and Peace.There were plenty of men Crucified through out history. What makes the cross of Christ, different than any other? 1 Jesus never sinned! 2. He Is God in flesh. 3. He had every right, not to die. 4. He suffered more than any other in History, 5 He died on on behalf of everyone, except himself, see #1 Jesus Christ has the power and authority to forgive ANY AND EVERY WRONG IN THE WORLD Why, because He never sinned, but faced the exact hardships of every human history. "He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Cor. 5:21 " For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin." Heb. 4:15All Scripture fhere
Now to get to the central question of this post What is it makes good Friday good? With all the suffering Jesus endured, to the point of the most horrific death history, what makes Good Friday good?Well here is what makes Good Friday better than good to me personally: Isa. 53. My next post, my plan is to pose the question What does Easter mean for us and why does it matter so much, and why it should matter even more to us!
- Because of Jesus died in my place, i have eternal life and never have to fear total separation from God.
- Because Christ bridged the gap between God and me, I don't have to gain his approval, Christ has gained it for me.
- Because Christ died for me, I don't have to be punished for my failures.
- Because I Christ died for me, I can approach the Living God directly knowing that my shortcomings aren't able to keep me from having a relationship with God.
- Because Christ Died for me I am object of his unfailing love!
- Because Christ Died for me, I am clothed in righteous!
- Because Christ died for me, I have a Savior, who is perfectly able to comfort is suffering!
- Because Christ died for me, I don't have to offer sacrifices, because He is my sufficient Sacrifice.
- But what is so good about Good Friday, is that had the power to save himself, from death and suffering, and He choose to save me instead.
- Most importantly, What makes Good Friday better than good, is because by many know God, and Good Friday sets the stage for Sunday, the most victorious and life changing event in history, and in the life of Christians everywhere.